Seven members of the Indonesian Diaspora in the Washington, D.C. Area were elected to be new members of IAA Board of Trustees (BOT) during the virtual Annual General Assembly (AGA) on Saturday, January 30, 2021. The newly elected BOT members will serve for three-year, two-year, and one-year terms based on the votes they received. More than 100 members of the Indonesian community participated and cast their votes for eight candidates. Only seven candidates were elected to serve with the other two sitting board members, Mr. Rachmad Poetranto and Mr. Jaya Hasran. The newly elected members of IAA BOT are:
- Mr. M. Haris Koentjoro (66 votes, will serve for three years).
- Mr. Oscar Zaky (57 votes, will serve for three years).
- Mr. Victor Pattianakotta (57 votes, will serve for three years).
- Ms. Endang Setyowati (56 votes, will serve for two years).
- Ms. Nadia Syahmalina (54 votes, will serve for two years).
- Mr. Noerachmanto (38 votes, will serve for two years).
- Ms. Miemie Joe Strickler (29 votes, will serve for one year).
The eighth candidate, Mr. Marc Hoffman, received 23 votes and was eliminated. More than 75 people participated in the virtual AGA that also featured Charge D’Affaires of the Indonesian Embassy Mr. Iwan Freddy Hari Susanto. In his remarks, Mr. Susanto commended IAA for its strong commitment and active role in empowering the Indonesian community in the DMV Area.
IAA would like to thank the AGA Committee – Mr. Helmi Lubis, Ms. Meirina Hutabarat, Mr. Toha Rudin, and Mr. Harry Yudhistira – for their hard work and dedication to organize this successful event. IAA also would like to thank the Embassy of Indonesia and the Indonesian community for their support and participation in the 2021 AGA.
With the newly elected BOT members, IAA hopes to better serve and empower the Indonesian American community in the DMV Area. For more information about IAA, please visit our website at https://www.indonesianamerican.org