In cooperation with the Montgomery County Asian American groups in celebrating the Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month in May, we are inviting MCPS K-12 students to participate in the Poster Contest.
Please read the rules below:
Thank you for your support of the K-12 poster competition to celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month (May)! We hope that you and your families are staying safe. In view of the school closings due to covid-19, please take note of the following changes, and disseminate broadly to the school community.
Extended deadline: The original April 1 deadline has been extended by three weeks to April 22.
Submissions by mail: If sending by mail, then please have the package postmarked by April 22. Please be advised that the art should be flat, or two-dimensional. However, for mail delivery, the art may be folded or rolled, and delivered in any packaging.
Submissions by email: Electronic submissions are now being accepted. Please email by 11:59 pm, Wednesday, April 22. Please email to email@example.com.
Because the organizers will enlarge the winning selections into poster sizes, e.g., 16”x20”, please scan the art at the highest resolutions possible. Here are minimum guidelines:
- For .png or .pdf scanned by scanner, set scan size to 11″x17″ (or 17″x11″) with 300dpi with 16-bit (or 8-bit) RGB color.
- For .png or .pdf saved or exported from applications, set media size to 11″x17″ (or 17″x11″) with 300dpi with 8-bit (or 16-bit) RGB color
- For .docx saved by Microsoft Word or downloaded from Google Docs, set the page size to Tablois (11″x17″ or 17″x11″) with 0″ margins.
- For .pptx saved by Microsoft PowerPoint), set both slide size and page size to Tablois (11″x17″ or 17″x11″) with 0″ non-printable area.
- For .pptx downloaded from Google Slides, set page setup to Tablois (11″x17″ or 17″x11″).
Winners announcements: Winners will be announced around May 6, together with a recognition event date.
General information: Please see our website for the promotional flyer, application and consent and release form at https://bit.ly/2V6ikvK.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing all students good luck!
APASAAG K-12 poster organizing committee and co-sponsoring organizations
Read the full flyer HERE