Website and Social Media Intern
The Indonesian American Association is currently seeking an individual to help us grow our online presence in the dual role of Website and Social Media Intern. This part time position is a two-month time commitment. Start date is December 6, 2021.
The Website Role
As Website Intern you must display an excellent understanding of our content management system (TBD). You will have fantastic content creation and writing skills, and a great understanding of layout and web design, both for desktop and mobile interfaces. You will use search engine optimization and other means of promotion to increase our online presence. Since the website is often the first impression—or “lobby”—of our organization, you will suggest and implement strategies to reach and engage our target demographic.
Website duties include:
- Regularly updating the content of indonesianamerican.org to best address the needs of our target demographic.
- Quality control of all content published on indonesianamerican.org.
- Ensuring indonesianamerican.org is continuously aligned with the vision and mission of the Indonesian American Association.
- Performing research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
- Measuring the effectiveness of indonesianamerican.org using appropriate metrics.
- Maintaining/promoting the online calendar of events.
- Creating occasional landing pages for special events/programs (e.g. Food Distribution, Town Hall Meeting, etc).
The Social Media Role
As Social Media Intern, you will create content for social media, manage posts and respond to followers. You will engage guests and members online in a way that communicates our mission and vision. We expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. Excellent communication skills and creativity are needed to best express IAA’s views online. Ultimately, you will increase online engagement and traffic to our website and our organization.
Social Media duties include:
- Being the voice of IAA on social media.
- Creating, scheduling, and posting on Facebook and Instagram.
- Developing a strategy for optimal use of our social media channels.
- Responding to followers within 24 hours.
- Maintaining a schedule that reaches and engages our target demographic.
- Coaching the staff on best practices when interacting online with our audience.
- Monitoring SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness.
- Undergraduate student or recent graduate in computer science, communications, public relations, or related field.
- 1-2 years of website and social media management experience.
- DC, Maryland, or Virginia resident preferred.
- Highly proficient communicator, with an eye for organizational “voice” across different social media channels and site.
- Web design experience (especially with HTML and WordPress).
- Comfortable researching technical questions online for any challenges that come up.
- Ability to plan ahead, creating schedules for posts for multiple weeks in advance.
The Website and Social Media Intern will spend 10-15 hours per week on the duties outlined above. Two to three hours per week will be spent meeting with IAA staff. Some work can be done remotely. Time sheets must be submitted each week. In this dual role, you will work closely with the Secretary of IAA on website and social media responsibilities.
This is a paid position. The hourly wage will be determined based on experience.
Please submit your resume, relevant links to previous work (optional), and any questions to email@example.com. Deadline for submission is Sunday, November 28, 2021.