Music Forward Foundation is a national nonprofit organization inside the House of Blues and Live Nation
family that transforms young lives, inspires careers, and champions a more inclusive music industry.
Music Forward provides artist development and music industry career programs for youth in
underserved communities and sets the stage for success by providing workshops, panels, showcases,
internships, and scholarships to inspire the next generation of diverse industry leaders, artists, and
Our Internship Offer
You will work closely with the Marketing Manager & Digital Marketing Coordinator with ongoing
responsibilities and 1-2 long-term projects tailored to your interests, abilities, learning objectives and
timing of the internship. Our internships are designed so interns can receive insight into brand
marketing strategy, as well as develop project management, collaboration and presentation skills. This
is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a national, non-profit organization. The
internship is virtual.
• Posting on all social media handles: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube and more
• Preparing content calendar, copy and tags
• Community engagement and influencer outreach
• Assisting in managing content and content sourcing
• Attending department and staff meetings, assisting with daily communications operations and
other general and administrative duties as assigned
• Assisting Digital Marketing Coordinator in day-to-day activities of the marketing department
• You have access to a computer and the internet
• Demonstrated interests in music education, music business, marketing, and/or non-profit organizations
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong understanding and enjoyment of social media
• Focused attention to detail with a strong work ethic
• Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Works well independently and as a team member
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite applications
• Solid understanding of digital marketing
• Knowledge of the non-profit sector and related programming
Internship hours and start dates vary depending on the semester. Please review the application for applicable information.
This is an unpaid internship position for academic credit. Intern coordinates with their educational
institution for academic credit; you will have a designated supervisor who can complete an evaluation
and documentation to satisfy academic credit requirements.
Music Forward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training,
promotion or any of employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For more information on how to apply, go to https://musicforwardfoundation.submittable.com/submit.