POSITION SUMMARY: CHC BOLD PAC seeks a creative individual who is passionate about
getting Latinos elected to Congress for its Communications Fellowship. This six month
fellowship is an exciting opportunity for recent college graduates to gain footing in national
politics. It will provide unique opportunities outside of employment for fellows to gain political
experience elsewhere in Washington DC and can open the door to a career in political
● Press: Support the development, creation, and distribution of content for press releases,
memoranda, and briefs. Organize press lists and research assigned topics. Conduct
media monitoring for key races, states, and regions.
● Video production: Develop professional videos, including recording, editing, and
delivery of assigned projects.
● Social Media and Digital: Collate and send news clips, monitor social media accounts,
manage website content, create graphics, suggest digital content and post on social
● Research: Complete basic research assignments, especially gathering information
regarding candidates, races, districts, and political trends.
● Communication Skills: Strong writing and oral presentation skills are required.
Experience copy editing social media, blog, and website content preferred.
● Video Design and Editing Skills: Experience with producing, shooting, and editing
● Computer/Software Skills: Proficiency in Premiere Video Editing or Final Cut Pro,
Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, G Suite, Canva, Mailchimp, Excel, Access, and
PowerPoint is required.
● Bachelor’s degree, with a major or minor in at least one of the following areas:
● Mass media communications
● Journalism (broadcast or video & film)
● Communications/communication arts (electronic media, broadcasting)
● Media production
● Radio/television, or a related field
● Political Science
● Production experience in one or more of the following areas:
● Lighting and audio production
● Fluency in Spanish and English is a plus
● A resume
● A cover letter
● A 3-5 minute demo reel and/or graphics portfolio
● A reference sheet with three references
Please send the documents and video listed above to Diana Castañeda at Diana@CHCboldpac.com.
The CHC BOLD PAC Communications Fellowship is part-time (32 hours a week) for six months
and is based in Washington, DC. This fellowship comes with a salary of $2,200 a month, plus a
health care stipend of $300 a month.
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy
CHC BOLD PAC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms,
conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national
origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender
identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other
basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and
procedures of CHC BOLD PAC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a CHC
BOLD PAC employee. CHC BOLD PAC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
CHC BOLD PAC’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and
procedures of the CHC BOLD PAC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a
DCCC employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the CHC BOLD PAC.
CHC BOLD PAC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that
makeup our country and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse CHC
BOLD PAC our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.