OCA – Asian Pacific American Advocates, a national membership driven organization of community advocates dedicated toward advancing the social, political, and economic well-being of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, is seeking a 2-year, full-time, exempt Broadband and Digital Access Fellow to advance our understanding of broadband access and digital literacy in the AAPI community.
Job Title: Broadband and Digital Access Fellow
Location: Washington, DC and Remote
Reports to: Executive Director
- Develop and execute national survey of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders on their broadband connectivity and digital literacy statuses, with a final public presentation
- Conduct follow-up surveys and/or roundtable discussions as needed
- Assist the policy department in conducting Asian American Tech Table work, which includes coordinating speaking events or writing policy summaries
- Assist the programs department in developing and conducting digital literacy workshops
- Other duties as assigned
- Fellow will be expected to contribute and work on the OCA National Convention
- Bachelor’s degree (with specialization in Sociology or Statistics preferred, not required) or relevant work experience
- Experience conducting surveys, interviews, and roundtable discussions
- Experience writing reports and analyses using survey and interview data
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player and self-starter attitude
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Willingness to learn quickly and strong performance under time pressure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Proficiency in Airtable preferred, but not required
- Deep understanding and passion for Asian American and Pacific Islander issues
Compensation: Salary is $45,000. Benefits include paid vacation, health care, vision, employer subsidized dental and transit, and employer matching Simple IRA. This position will begin by March 30, 2022 and end by March 30, 2024.
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Thu Nguyen, firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be filled as soon as possible, but applications will close on February 18, 2022. For more information about OCA, visit www.ocanational.org.
OCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, use of service animal, military or veteran status.